I hope you enjoy some of my favorite recipes. Get healthy while removing toxic products in your home. It is easy and fun. Make sure you invite a friend over and do it together. It makes it even more fun! Please make sure you are using Young Living Therapeutic oils especially for the recipes where you will be ingesting the oils. And contact me anytime if you want to know more about these aweseome oil or more recipes. xo
Pumpkin Spice Bread
1 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 drops of Thieves Young Living Essential Oils
5 drops of Nutmeg Young Living Essential Oils
5 drops of Cinnamon Young Living Essential Oils
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed pumkin
1 cup nut(pecans or walnuts optional)
1/2 cup raisins
Preheat Oven to 325 F.
Grease only the bottom of a standard bread pan.
Stir together all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Then stir in wet ingredients and then the nuts and raisins. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Glaze - 1 cup of powder sugar, 2 tablespoon of water, 1 teaspoon butter, 3 drops of Thieves Young living Essential Oils. Mix till well blended together then Microwave till just bubbly stir one more time and quick pour over top of bread.
Makes 8-10 servings
Pumpkin Spice Room Spray.
1 cup of distilled water
8 drops clove
8 drops orange oil
3 drops cinnamon bark oil
Make you Own Dryer Sheets
Not only is this laundry solution seriously smart, it is also awesomely eco-friendly. For only pennies, you'll have dryer sheets that can be used over and over and over again. What makes these dryer sheets better than their store-bought counterparts is they can be personalized with your favorite scent and are free of any toxic additives. Along with leaving your clothes feeling soft and fresh, they'll smell clean and ready for wear. And once you try them, you'll wonder why you never made them from scratch in the first place.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 8 drops tea tree or other essential oil
- Sealable container
- Cotton cloths
- Start by cutting your cotton cloths into smaller sections. I used inexpensive dish towels from the dollar store, but old tee shirts or linens would work wonderfully too.
- Mix together the vinegar and essential oil in a small bowl. Vinegar is a natural softener, and the essential oil gives your clothes a gentle, natural scent. Pour the mixture over the cloths until they are dampened but not soaked. Keep in a securely closed container.
- To use, simply remove a sheet from the container, squeezing any excess liquid back into the jar, and toss into the dryer. To reduce static cling in clothes, reduce the heat temperature of your dryer. When clothes are dry, simply place the sheet back in the jar for use later.
Sore Throat Spray*
1 1/2 oz. Purified Water
10 drops YLTG Thieves Essential Oil Blend
5 drops YLTG Peppermint essential oil
5 drops YLTG Lemon essential oil
2 drops Stevia or 1 tsp. honey
2 oz. glass spray bottle
Blend together and store in a 2 oz. dark glass spray bottle (available HERE). Spray 1-2 squirts on the back of the throat for soothing relief.
*I only recommend using Young Living Therapeutic Grade (YLTG) Essential Oils in this recipe, since they are pure enough to be ingested, and lower quality oils may be toxic.
If you make several of these up to have on hand now for when a cough or cold hits your home, you will be prepared to help heal your family at the moment it strikes! Also having the oils on hand to take in capsules and to diffuse, you can begin using the oils the instant an illness strikes. If you wait until you already are sick to order, then the illness can already go through several family members before you get your order. Being prepared is the key to prevention or to shorten an illness. Click Here on how to order your Essential Oil Kit with 11 different oils that will help you be better prepared when sickness does strick.
Holiday Spice Popcorn
- Servings: 4–5
- Time: 5–10 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup of unpopped popcorn (12–16 cups popped popcorn)
- 1/8–1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 drops clove essential oil
- 2 drops orange essential oil
- 2 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 1 toothpick nutmeg essential oil (dip a toothpick in the oil bottle, and then stir the toothpick into the coconut and maple syrup mixture)
- Salt to taste
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
- Pop popcorn kernels, and then place popped popcorn in a large bowl or brown paper bag.
- Heat coconut oil and maple syrup over low heat until liquified. Remove from heat, and let cool for a couple minutes. Stir in essential oils.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over popcorn, and stir or shake to combine.
- Add salt and cinnamon powder to taste.
- Throw in other food items such as coconut flakes, nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, slivered almonds, etc.
- Try making white chocolate peppermint popcorn by replacing the coconut oil and maple syrup with white chocolate or almond bark and adding 4–6 drops peppermint essential oil. Include crushed peppermint candy for a holiday look.
Homemade Honey, Thieves & Lemon Cough Drop Recipe
Cold and Flu season is here! But not to worry when you are armed with Thieves Young Living Essential Oil! There are so many uses for Thieves including making these cough drops. These are sugar free and have healing therapeutic grade essential oils in them. They are easy to make with just honey and your essential oils! And best of all, you can make them as strong or as mild as you like!
1 cup honey
11 drops Thieves oil
7 drops Lemon oil
3 drops Eucalyptus Globulus oil
1 cup honey, brought to 300* using a candy thermometer as instructed. It took about 20 minutes for mine to reach 300 degrees. Stir often and start on med low heat. Then turn to low to prevent boiling over. It will keep boiling (adjust temperature as needed). ***BE CAREFUL, the honey can burn easily!!! So, you do not want to boil it at too high of a temperature. Also, I added a teaspoon of butter to keep the foaming down.
Allow to cool for a several minutes, until it starts to thicken.
You can add just 10 drops of Thieves. Or I wanted a Honey Lemon flavor, so here is what I did: I started with 7 drops of Thieves, 3 drops of Lemon and 2 drops of Eucalyptus Globulus. After I mixed it all together and tasted it (be careful it will be hot! I placed a drop on a piece of parchment paper over some ice to cool it quickly, then tasted it). I added more. Add more or less oils to your taste, but here is what I finally ended up with: 11 drops of Thieves, 7 drops of Lemon and 3 drops of Eucalyptus Globulus. I really liked that combo, it wasn’t too strong, but I could taste all the flavors of the oils. After they sit for a few days/weeks I may decide they need more or less, but right now, I liked it!
Drop onto a sheet of Parchment paper to the size that look like that of a cough drop. Let cool until hard andwrap up in parchement paper. DO NOT use wax paper or your cough drops will stick onto the wax paper!
Autumn Spice Room Spray
10 drops of YL Essential Oil
5 drops of YL Orange Essential Oil
Pinch of Kosher Salt
8 ounces of Distilled Water
Put salt in glass spray bottle, add EO then water. Shake well before using.
Foaming Hand Soap (Thieves)
1/3 cup of Castile Soap (baby-mild, unscented)
1 t. oil of your choice (V-6, Jojoba, Olive)
½ t. Thieves Household Cleaner
½ t. Glycerin (optional)
¼ t. Vitamin E Oil
1 t. Aloe Vera Gel or 2 pumps (optional)
10 drops of YL Thieves Essential Oil
7/8 cup of Distilled Water (Be sure to leave room for pump top when adding water)
Mix in order given. Shake gently. If oils float, just shake gently. Use one full pump when washing hands. This could also be made with any oil of your choice (lavender, tea tree, etc...)
Pumpkin Spiced Creamer
2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 drop YL Cinnamon EO
1 drop YL Clove EO
1 drop YL Ginger (optional)
1 t. Vanilla Extract
(Optional: Add stevia or coconut sugar if sweetner is desired) Add all ingredients to blender and blend till smooth. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Shake before using. Pumpkin Spice Latte (version 2) 1 cup Pumpkin Puree ½ cup raw, coconut or brown sugar 2 t. Vanilla Extract 8 drops of YL Orange EO 4 drops of YL Cinnamon EO 2 drops of Ginger EO 2 drops of Clove EO 2 drops of Nutmeg EO Blend all ingredients. Add one tablespoon to a mug of frothed milk. Stir. Top off with a shot of espresso if desired. Makes 16 servings.
Winter Smooth Hand Scrub
In a Ziploc bag, combine:
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp. V-6 Oil
1/3 C olive oil
10 drops Lavender essential oil or other topical essential oil of your choice
Seal bag and knead to mix ingredients.
Pour contents into an 8 oz. mason jar.
- 1 empty mascara bottle (Find it HERE)
- Jojoba Oil (Find it HERE)
- 2 drops Young Living Lavender Essential Oil (Find more info HERE) P.S. Lavender comes in the Premium Starter Kit!
- 2 drops Young Living Cedarwood Essential Oil (Find more info HERE)
- 1 drop Young Living Rosemary Essential Oil (Find more info HERE)
- Fill the empty mascara bottle 3/4 full with Jojoba Oil
- Add your essential oils
- Then top off with Jojoba Oil. Be sure to leave room at the top as you will need to insert your mascara wand. You don't want it to overflow.
- Apply to lashes before bed. (Lavender and Cedarwood are wonderful in supporting a good night's rest)
MORE YOUNG LIVING OIL RECIPES
Homemade Wool Dryer Balls
- One skein (120 yards) of 100% wool roving yarn
- Crochet hook
- One knee-high or pair of pantyhose (No need to buy new, use an old pair!)
- Start your first wool dryer ball by wrapping the yarn around a couple of fingers 10 times.
- Remove the yarn from your fingers and wrap about 10 times around the middle.
- Continue wrapping around the ball from every angle. Make your way around the ball, wrapping 5-10 times before moving to a new angle. (There's no exact science to this. Just keep trying to form a round ball.) Wrap the yarn tightly and hang onto your ball so it doesn't pop out of your hands.
- When your ball is a little bigger than a tennis ball, cut the yarn and pull the end through the ball with your crochet hook.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 to make a second wool dryer ball with the remainder of your yarn.
- Place your wool balls in your pantyhose, knotting the pantyhose between the balls.
- Run your wool dryer balls through your washer and dryer with separate loads of laundry until they "felt" and become solid balls. (Mine "felt" in 3-4 loads.)
- Remove balls from pantyhose and use in the dryer in place of dryer sheets.
NOW ADD YOUR FAVORITE OIL SO YOUR CLOTHES SMELL AMAZING TOO
Natural Sore Throat Spray
The spray contains 3 oils;
THIEVES-helps support proper immune function
PEPPERMINT-has menthol, which helps thin mucus and calm coughs
LEMON-an excellent source of d-limonene (a powerful antioxidant).
To make this spray, you will need a 2 oz glass spray bottle, the essential oils, honey and water.
5 drops thieves
3 drops peppermint
1 drop lemon
1 tsp. Honey
Add all ingredients to the spray bottle and shake. That's it!
Essential oils have also played an important role in our wellness this season! One thing that we all use and love is our "immune booster" roller. Anytime we have been around someone who has been sick, we use this a few times a day for the next day or so. If someone is sick, I apply it several times a day until the symptoms are gone. I usually apply it to everyone else to boost immunity and hopefully keep them from getting sick. During cold and flu season we use it on our children in the mornings before school and church. To use, simply roll on the bottom of your feet or on your wrists!
Immune Booster Roller Recipe
There are 4 oils in this recipe: orange, lemon, frankincense and thieves.
To make this roll-on, you will need a 10ml glass roller bottle, the essential oils and a carrier oil. I used grapeseed but any of these would work (jojoba oil, fractionated coconut oil, grapeseed oil, etc).
Place 10 drops of each oil into the roller and fill the remainder of the bottle with the carrier oil.
Now you are ready to roll!
- ⅔ cup of Epsom Salt
- ⅓ cup of Coconut Oil
- 10-15 drops of Essential Oil of your choice Young Living, of course
- If you have coconut oil in a solid form, melt it over a double boiler.
When it's melted-- then add it to the salt. Stir it up and then add your essential oils. I really like lavender for this, but lemongrass, peppermint, or stress away would work really well!
Lavender Linen Spray:
What you’ll need:
- 2 ounce dark glass spray bottle
- 1 teaspoon of witch hazel
- 10 drops of Lavender
- Almost 2 ounces of distilled water
Add your Lavender to your glass bottle. Then add your witch hazel. Fill the remaining bottle with distilled water. Put on spray cap and shake bottle well. Spray on freshly laundered clothes or on your pillows and linens before bed.
This delicious oil blend smells like Christmas. Thieves is excellent for boosting our vitality. I adore this Thieves spray essential oil recipe and love to share with family and friends. It’s an instant favorite, and I like to keep one handy in my home and purse at all times.
You can use to:
- Clean toddler toys
- Transform public restroom seats
- Whip down cutting boards
- Wash fruits and vegetables
- Freshen gym bags
- Clean airplane armrests and serving trays
- Spray in the room to remove heavy odors
The uses of this spray are really endless. And it’s super easy to make.
What you’ll need
- 2 oz. dark glass spray bottle
- 1 teaspoon organic witch hazel
- 10-15 drops of Young Living Thieves oil
- Almost 2 oz. of distilled water
In your clean spray bottle, add 10-15 drops of your Thieves oil. Next add 1 tsp. of witch hazel. Then pour distilled water into bottle until full. Put on your spray top and use as you see fit. That’s it! This is one of my favorite DIY essential oil recipes!
Peppermint Lip Scrub
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp honey
1 ½ tsp sugar (brown or white)
3 drops peppermint oil
MAKE UP REMOVER PADS
Avoid using around your eyes.
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (I used fractionated coconut oil-liquid kind)
1 Tbsp YL Orange Blossom Face Wash or Castle soap
1 Tsp Witch Hazel or Vodka
5 drops each YL Essential Oil of your choice (I used Lavender)
Place all ingredients in jar, mix well, place cotton rounds in jar until full
Homemade Serum for Beauty Face
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil (or your preferred carrier oil)
- 3 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops Lemon essential oil
Here is what you will need:
2 ½ oz. sweet almond oil ( I used grapeseed oil)
1 oz. Yellow beeswax
½ oz. Coconut oil (melted)
½ oz. Shea butter
3 - 5 drops essential oil (Peppermint, lavender, lemon)
About 16 - 18 lip balm pots
Combine sweet almond oil, beeswax and coconut oil. Microwave for about 90 seconds. If the beeswax is not completely melted, microwave in 15 increments. Be careful as this can get very hot. When the beeswax is completely melted, add the shea butter.
Add essential oil, stir and fill pots. Allow to cool and harden, cover and ENJOY!
Holiday Make and Take Recipes
Gel Room Freshener
2 packets unflavored gelatin 1 Tbsp Salt
1 Cup Water 2—4 oz Jars
Food Coloring 10—15 drops Essential Oils
Heat 3/4 Cup water in small pot over medium heat bringing to boil. Add Salt and stir until salt dissolves. Slowly add gelatin to the water. Remove from heat and add remaining 1/4 cup water. Pour into jars. Let cool slightly and add a few drops of food coloring. Add Essential oils and stir.
Essential Oils to Use:Christmas Spirit (15 drops), Evergreen (15 drops), Snore relief blend (5 drops each of Marjoram, Peppermint, Eucalyptus and Lavender, and other blend that you may like.Dry Hand Lotion
of shea butter
2 TBL jojoba oil or avocado oil or sweet almond oil
10 drops of essential oils
1- 4 oz jar or 2 2oz jars
Melt shea butter, moisture carrier oil, and beeswax in a double boiler about 15 minutes or until everything is melted cool slightly
Here are some essential oil mixtures: 5 drops eucalyptus 3 drops spearmint 5 drops bergamot 5 drops grapefruit 3 drops patchouli 6 drops tangerine (this is the mixture I use)
Your hands and body will stay smooth all day
Fill bottle ¾ with distilled water. Add a few drops of witch hazel.
For a 2 oz spray bottle use 5 drops of EO, 4 oz bottle 10 drops and 8 oz bottle.
Refreshing Room Spray: Lavender and Peppermint
Sweet Dream Pillow Spray: Lavender
Holiday Spray: Orange, Clove, Ginger, Nutmeg and Cinnamon Bark
There are many different ideas on Pinterest for other blends. Play around
and see which ones you enjoy the most.
Peppermint Foot Cream
1 cup coconut oil
½ cup aloe vera gel
20 drops lavender
20 drops peppermint
Beat until fluffy. Place in small jars and decorate.
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
½ cup solid coconut oil
1 tsp V6 oil or olive oil
10 drops lavender
Place in Ziploc bag and knead. Place in small jars and decorate.
We halfed this recipe to put in 1 cup small jam jars
*680 grams container of gel makes 24 bottlesSpray Homemade Hand Sanitizer
1/4 teaspoon salt
8-10 drops of Young Living Thieves Essential Oil*
2 oz travel-sized essential oils spray bottle